advance ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is advance of Number 6, Hudson Yard House, 1a Onega Gate, London SE16 7PG.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Michael John Woodcock.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
‣ Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site advanceconsult.co.uk (our site).
‣ If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
‣ Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and blogs.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
‣ To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
‣ To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
‣ To recognise you when you return to our site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
‣ To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
‣ To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
‣ To notify you about changes to our service.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (when collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes and you can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.